Our school, the only academic grammar school in town, is located in the town of Kazincbarcika in the north-east part of Hungary. The school is a relatively young institution founded in 1962. The school was taken over by the Salesian Society in 2011, turning the formerly state school into a Catholic one. However, we accept students coming from all kinds of families, including Protestants, Greek Catholics or those who are not baptised at all, as well.
Change for a bigger map
The number of the students is around 600 and the staff includes about 45-50 teachers.
About our system:
- a great percentage of our students receives general academic education
- one class in each year receives 7-year education (from the age of 12 to 19), spending the first year focusing on English and IT, only.
- one class in each year receives 6-year education (from the age of 12 to 18)
- one class in each year receives 5-year education from the age of 14 to 19) spending the first year learning a language and computer science only
- one class in each year recieves 4-year education (from the age of 14 to 18)
- Many of our students live in the town but a growing number of them (at present about 35%) commutes from the nearby towns and villages every day.
- As our language is rarely spoken outside our borders we put great emphasis on teaching languages. English is the most popular language, however, many students also learn German, French or Latin.
- 85%-90% of the school leavers are admitted to a university or college.
Thank you for visiting us!